Why write a blog? Do you feel that writing blogs for your website seems a bit old hat. Wondering if it’s worth the hassle?
Well here are 5 reasons why writing a blog will help your business marketing in the long run:
- Regularly adding blogs and fresh new content will definitely help your website SEO. That’s search engine optimisation or keeping Google happy ( as I like to call it). Google, Bing etc love new content to scan. Top tip – remember to sprinkle in a few keywords or phrases that your ideal clients are likely to search for.
- Writing blogs is a great excuse to show off your skills, knowledge and experience in your industry where that’s services or products. Plus it will help to grow your know, like and trust factor.
- Fed up with spending hours on social media content? Only for it to disappear from the feed a few days later? Well give your most popular social media content a longer life span in your blog posts. Repurposing content means writing that blog is so much easier – whether it’s from Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or even from your newsletters.
- Once your blog is up there on the internet, it’s so easy to share on social media channels especially LinkedIn and Facebook. Top tip – remember to share your blog in Facebook groups as well as posts from your Facebook page. Sharing the blog to offer help to the group members, is a great strategy as a soft sell. You’re sharing you knowledge and helping them. Of course it’s your blog. So you can add links to your products or services within the blog.
- Engaging blogs can only drive more traffic and leads to your other web pages. Visitors will easily be able to see what else you offer – whether that’s other blogs or your sales pages. Some people are nosy (like me ) and like to click around a site to find out more. But you may also want to include the odd link to nudge them to your sales pages if relevant.
For me, why I write a blog, is to repurpose my content (especially newsletters) and give it a permanent home on my website. It’s a win win, as it’s also an easy way to build up the number of pages on my website – which platforms like Pinterest love.
If you want to get more great tips about getting more from your website and social media, join my mailing list just here